Is Your Weight Loss Plan Hurting You?
How can you know if your weight loss plan is hurting you more than helping you? If you're doing something to lose weight that you fear (fear it won't work, fear it won't be permanent once you return to normal life), resent, don't enjoy, or leaves you feeling discouraged and belittled, then your weight loss plan is tied to negative emotions for you; this will hurt you more than help you. Because negative emotions, such as fear, resentment, and discouragement increase the appetite, it is setting you up for a difficult path and/or re-gaining weight. So here is how to tell if your weight loss plan is actually fostering negative emotions that increase your appetite, therefore hurting you more than helping you:
1. You dread stepping on the scale.
2. You need encouragement from others so you make your journey public on Facebook, but all their "You can do this!" comments don't help.
3. All their program changes really irritate you, because you thought you had this down.
4. You feel embarrassed to admit to "them" what you really ate.
5. You feel isolated, like no one there can really understand the struggle you have down deep with food.
6. You are counting down the days because 30 days never seemed so long as on this challenge.
7. You look at what everyone else is eating and then feel resentful about "your" food you are eating.
8. You crave one food group because you've deprived yourself of it.
9. The person you've hired to help you doesn't really listen to what you're saying and non-verbally and even verbally, shames you for not trying hard enough.
10. You spend a few minutes (or more) each night feeling bad about something you ate that day.
If you are experiencing any of these things, you are experiencing emotions that actually increase your appetite, making all your efforts feel like you are spinning your wheels. Losing Coach understands the mind and heart of a woman, the struggle with food addiction, and the pitfalls of diet plans; we offer personalized weight loss coaching for you to remove all negative emotions, have success in permanent weight loss, and actually enjoy the whole process. One client wrote us this after losing 3 1/2 pounds her first week - "In the past, doing this meant failure. But now it is working and I am weirdly enjoying the process and feeling confident. The fear of failure is gone."
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Shelley Johnson is the Creator & Founder of The Losing Coach®.