Do you want to know how naturally thin people maintain their weight? It's not in following a diet, that's for sure! (I mean, they are naturally thin, they don't have to follow a diet!) It's in how they think! Here are my top ten thoughts I have now that I am naturally thin.
1. I am very aware of my body's great shape and I value and care about that a lot.
2. I do not freak out, feel discouraged or hopeless when I see the scale go up a few pounds. I know I have the power to control my weight.
3. I never feel obligated to eat when my friends or family eat if I don't want to.
4. I don't really care about all the "eat this" and "eat that" rules; I know my weight is healthy and my nutrition is good (all confirmed by my healthcare provider.)
5. I never feel obligated to finish eating something I've started. I can save anything and everything for later.
6. I don't have anxiety about missing a meal occasionally; it happens, and I may not like it, but I know I'm not starving. And I definitely don't worry about my body holding onto fat from "starvation mode". That's actually never happened to me. Call me crazy, but if I really start to starve (dictionary definition - perish from lack of food), I will lose body fat.
7. My weight and my body and desires/goals with that are never, or very infrequently, a topic of conversation in my inner circles.
8. I never "announce" when I'm deciding not to eat something. (I've been at pizza parties before and no one even noticed I decided not to eat any pizza.)
9. I have a strong internal gauge on my own satiation and hence, know very well when it's time to stop eating. I am good at self-regulating.
10. Absolutely nobody else has a say or input in the decisions I make with my body and the food (type and/or amount) I decide to eat. I'm smart enough to make my own decisions, thank you very much.
These are all indeed real and powerful thoughts a naturally thin person thinks. They seem to so easily be naturally thin, saying stuff like "I can eat anything I want", but that's only because what they want comes from how they think and their decisions don't cause them to gain weight.
This is what the Losing Coach Seven Step Process to Weight Loss Mastery will do for you.... it will train you to think like you are naturally thin, and hence, you will become naturally thin. Through the process, you will learn to self-regulate, feel good about your body and your decisions, and see that you have the power to control your weight, with no anxiety, and be naturally thin!
Shelley Johnson is the Creator & Founder of The Losing Coach®.